Anyang pneumatic forging hammer from 150kg to 2000kg is widely used in industrial open die forging.C41 series pneumatic hammer is widely used for general open die forging works, such as drawing-out, upsetting, punching, chiseling, forging welding, bending, and twisting. It is also used for open-type close forging with bolster dies.
Anyang pneumatic forging hammers are self-contained pneumatic power hammers. The design is based on the time-proved designs of the old European hammers many of which are still in use today. With a self-contained power hammer, you require no external air supply or high-pressure hoses.
You can forge heavy stock and immediately switch to thin light stock with no adjustments. With a self-contained hammer, you have tremendous forging power (a combination of ram weight, downward air force, and velocity) plus precise control.
The Anyang pneumatic forging hammers are engineered to run for decades in harsh factory environments. The frames are cast iron, like the old Nazel, Buche, and Massey hammers. Cast iron is more expensive to manufacture compared to fabricated hammers but they are heavier, do not flex over time.
The internal parts of Anyang pneumatic forging hammer are forged steel and precision machined. There are no internal rubber air hoses to deteriorate over time. The drive belts are external to the machine for easy adjustment and away from harmful oil.
The crankshaft of Anyang pneumatic forging hammer has large tapered roller bearings set in a case filled with grease. This design provides for decades of trouble-free forging.
Operating Principles of an Anyang Pneumatic Forging Hammers
The operating principles of a self-contained Anyang power hammer are very simple. There are basically six components to the power hammer:
1. The frame is cast iron. There are several reasons why cast frames have been used for power hammers. Cast frames are more expensive and typically are much heavier. With a cast frame, you can put the strength and mass exactly where you need them. It will not warp or deflect like some steel plate fabricated hammers can do overtime. If you look at the old Massey, Nazel, Chambersburg, and Beche hammers, they were all cast iron. You can find many of these hammers still in operation.
2. The motor drives a flywheel with V belts that are external to the hammer. The flywheel is attached to a crankshaft that is set on large tapered roller bearings in a crankcase that is filled with grease. At the opposite end of the flywheel, there is a "throw" that has a connecting rod attached.
3. The connecting rod is attached to a compressor piston. When the piston is going up, it creates air pressure that when the valves are opened, forces air into the top of the ram section of the hammer driving the ram down. When the piston is on the downstroke, it creates air pressure that when the valves are opened, moves air into the bottom section of the ram, driving the ram up. The compressor piston has two compression rings and steel wipers on the lower section of the compressor to help keep air from leaking.
4. There are two valves, an upper and lower that operate together. When the valves are opened by more pressure on the foot treadle, it allows for increased air to move from the compressor to the ram side of the hammer. The wider the valves are opened, the more air is allowed to move to the ram side, creating more forging force/pressure. The valves are precision machined steel with no rubber parts to deteriorate over time.
5. The ram is literally "floating on air" inside the hammer. The forging force of the hammer is created by a combination of the ram weight, the amount of air pressure that is flowing from the compressor through the valves, and the velocity of the ram. The ram does have two sealing rings on the top and a "stiffing box" with steel "wipers" to help keep the air from leaking.
6. The last component is the lubrication system. It consists of an oil reservoir, a flow control metering valve, and a one-way check valve. When the compressor piston is on the downstroke, it creates a vacuum that "sucks" oil from the reservoir into the hammer. When the compressor piston is on its upstroke, the one-way check valve closes to keep oil from flowing back into the reservoir. This is a very simple yet reliable system that works. Oil is not only a lubricant to the hammer, it is also a part of the sealing system. With proper lubrication, Anyang hammers will run for many decades. If you would ever need to rebuild an Anyang hammer, it can be done in a day with parts that I stock. Please check out the Video Library to see videos showing more about the operating principles.
7. When forging, never "cold forge". Always make sure the metal is hot. Never hit the dies together without red hot steel between them.
8. Operate the foot peddle like the accelerator of a car. Ease into the throttle, don't stomp on it. Get the ram moving and then add more pressure as desired.
Anyang Pneumatic Forging Hammer Features:
Unlike steam hammers or air hammers fed from a supplementary compressor, the Pneumatic forging hammer with its self-contained cylinder requires no ancillary power raising plant.
The Pneumatic forging hammer is equipped with a self-priming lubricating oil pump, during operation, it can realize the automatic lubrication.
Easy to operate, by manipulating the hand lever or foot-pedal, all operating functions—idle run, top setting, pressing down, single blow, light, or full series blow can be obtained as desired.
Specifications of Pneumatic Forging Hammer:
Anyang Pneumatic Forging Hammer Videos:
Mr.James R.Johnson introduces Anyang's power hammer features.
Anyang L type power hammer introduced and operated by Ms.Denise Axelsen, Mr.Bruce Beamish and Mr.James R.Johnson
Anyang power hammer basic operating principles and Maintenance
1000kg Pneumatic forging hammer is drawing out accessories
Anyang Pneumatic Forging Hammer Manufacture:
Anyang pneumatic forging hammers in workshop
Anyang pneumatic forging hammers
Anyang pneumatic forging hammers after painting
2000kg Anyang pneumaticforging hammers under commssioning
Big Anyang power forging hammers ready to be shipped
C41-1000 Pneumatic Forging Hammer in China
C41-1000 Pneumatic Forging Hammer in Brazil
C41-560 Pneumatic Forging Hammer in Germany
C41-750 Pneumatic Forging Hammer in Mexico
C41-1000 Pneumatic Forging Hammer in China
C41-2000 Pneumatic Forging Hammer in India
C41-150 and 250 Pneumatic Forging Hammer in Turkey
Anyang Forging Press Company was established in 1956. Over the past 60 years since the establishment of the enterprise, Anyang Forging Press's people have continued to climb the peak of forging techn......
Full hydraulic closed die forging hammer
Full hydraulic die forging hammer refers to a die forging hammer whose strike and return stroke of the hammerhead are hydraulically driven. It has the advantag......
Fully Hydraulic Open Die Forging Hammer refers to the free forging hammer whose strike and return stroke of the hammerhead are hydraulically driven. It is a new type of forging equipment that is energ......
With the rapid development of science and technology, competition has become more and more fierce. In order to improve the competitiveness of products, many enterprises are carrying out automatic prod......
The appearance of die sticking in the forging process has a great influence on the output of the forging line and the smoothness of the whole line. In addition, if the sticking time is too long or the......
On the second day of the exhibition, the heat in front of Anyang Forging Press Booth was still unabated. Various forging equipment developed by our company scrolling on the screen attracted a large ......
On July 27, 2021, China International Metalforming Exhibition opened in Shanghai National Convention and Exhibition Center. As a leading enterprise in the forging industry, Anyang Forging Press appe......
After nearly half a year of preparations, with the joint efforts of all employees of Anyang Forging Press Company, on June 25, 2021, Intelligent Precision Forging Technology Experience Exchange an......
The Spring Festival holiday has just ended, and Anyang Forging Press's orders have come one after another. All the employees ushered in a full-blown working day. In the various workshops of Anyang Fo......
Riveting machine is a kind of mechanical equipment that can riveting objects together. The riveting machine mainly relies on rotation and pressure to complete the assembly. There are many types of ri......
If you want to learn more about forging machine, steel ball machine, briquette press or hydraulic riveter etc products, please send requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org